Thursday, June 13, 2013

About a branch & a bird...


True handmade items are a pleasure for the eyes (well, not always; Aunt Clara and her horrible glue gun crafts come to mind), IF they are truly handmade.

To quote Helen Killer: "Sometimes 'handmade' means made by many tiny hands in third world countries".

To be honest, I was a little surprised. Sure, I make jewelry myself, so I have seen the supplies to make this particular necklace. I wouldn't buy them, since I am not a fan of this style. But I thought maybe some of the jewelry artists would.

I guess I am still a little too optimistic. I am optimistic as an idiot.

Of course you wouldn't take the time to actually make this necklace, if you can just buy them in bulk from Alibaba.

Get ready to hurl...

Today we present the following "handmade" shops:

Needless to say, above shops are just what was spat out by Etsy's first search page result. My stomach couldn't bare page 2.

Now on to the fun part. The "unique" items:











There ya go. I showed you just 5. There are 760 listings of this necklace.
Crying is allowed, so go ahead. Oh wait, I almost forget the best part:



You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment